AWS is a vast and complex platform, and navigating through the various services and features can be intimidating. But, with the right preparation, you can showcase your AWS knowledge and impress your interviewer. In this article, we at founderactivity will cover a range of AWS interview questions, from architecture to security, to give you a head start in your AWS job search. Read on and be confident that you’re ready for any question thrown your way.
The way businesses and organizations operate has undergone a tremendous transformation in the modern world. Everything is becoming digital, and the development of the cloud and cloud computing platforms has been a key factor in this expansion. As a result of the fact that the majority of firms now use or plan to employ cloud computing for many of their operations, demand for cloud specialists has skyrocketed.
The time has come for you to pursue a career in the cloud computing sector. Obtaining training and certification in a particular cloud computing platform, such as AWS, can open up many amazing employment opportunities as cloud computing platforms like these take the current business landscape by storm.
What is AWS?
The most complete and widely used cloud platform in the world, Amazon Web Services (AWS), provides over 200 fully functional services from data centers across the world. Millions of clients use AWS to save costs, increase agility, and accelerate innovation, including the largest corporations, most successful governmental organizations, and the fastest-growing startups.
What are the benefits of AWS?
You can choose the web application platform, programming language, operating system, database, and other services you require with AWS. You get a virtual environment through AWS that you may fill with the programs and services your application needs.
AWS Interview Questions and Answers
You must schedule some AWS interviews and succeed in them in order to launch your AWS career. Here are some AWS interview questions and responses to aid you in the interview process in the same vein. This page addresses a variety of AWS-related queries, from elementary to sophisticated, as well as scenario-based queries.
Basic AWS Interview Questions
1. Describe the three major categories of cloud services and the AWS products that are based on them.
There are three primary categories of cloud services:
The following AWS products were developed using the three different categories of cloud services:
2. How do the Availability Zone and Region relate to one another?
AWS regions, like the US-West 1 (North California) and Asia South, are distinct geographic regions (Mumbai). Availability zones, on the other hand, are the locations that are present inside the regions. These are often isolated zones that have the ability to duplicate themselves as needed.
3. Describe auto-scaling.
When there is a need, you can provision and launch new instances using the auto-scaling capability. You can automatically raise or lower resource capacity in response to demand.
4. What does CloudFront’s geo-targeting entail?
Businesses can display customized content to their audience based on their geographic location using the geo-targeting idea without modifying the URL. This makes it easier for you to generate content that is specifically tailored to the demands of a local audience.
5. What actions comprise a CloudFormation Solution?
The steps of a CloudFormation solution are as follows:
- Using JSON or YAML format, create a CloudFormation template or use an existing one.
- Code should be saved in an S3 bucket, which acts as a code repository.
- To call the bucket and build a stack using your template, use AWS CloudFormation.
- The services are provisioned one at a time by CloudFormation after reading the file and comprehending the services that are called, their order, and the connections between the services.
6. How can a system be upgraded or downgraded with almost no downtime?
The following migration steps can be used to update or downgrade a system with almost little downtime:
- Open EC2 console
- Choose Operating System AMI
- Launch an instance with the new instance type
- Install all the updates
- Install applications
- Test the instance to see if it’s working
- If working, deploy the new instance and replace the older instance
- You can upgrade or downgrade the system once it has been implemented with almost no downtime.
7. What are the methods and tools you may employ in AWS to determine whether you are overpaying and how to fix it?
By using the following resources, you can verify that you are paying the appropriate price for the resources you are utilizing:
- Check the Top Services Table
The cost management console’s screen displays the top five services by usage. This will reveal how much money you are shelling out for the concerned supplies.
- Cost Explorer
There are services called cost explorers that can assist you view and examine your consumption charges for the previous 13 months. A cost projection for the following three months is also available.
- AWS Budgets
You can then prepare a budget for the services. Additionally, it will let you determine whether the current plan fits your spending limit and the specifics of how you utilize the services.
- Cost Allocation Tags
This aids in determining which resource has been more expensive during a given month. To keep track of your AWS charges, it enables you to categorize your resources and cost allocation tags.
8. Is there a different tool outside the console that can be used to log into the cloud environment?
You can use the following to log into the AWS resources:
9. What tools are available to build a centralized logging solution?
The most important tools you can utilize are Amazon CloudWatch Logs, Amazon S3, and Amazon Elastic Search to display the data. The data can be transferred from Amazon S3 to Amazon ElasticSearch via Amazon Kinesis Firehose.
10. What native logging features does AWS Security offer?
The majority of AWS services include logging options. Additionally, several of them, including AWS CloudTrail, AWS Config, and others, include account-level logging. Let’s focus on these two services in particular:
This service offers a record of each account’s AWS API calls over time. You can use it to analyze security risks, keep track of resource changes, and audit compliance in your AWS environment. The best feature of this service is that you can set it up to notify you via AWS SNS when fresh logs are received.
This aids in your comprehension of environment-related configuration modifications. This service offers an AWS inventory that contains relationships between AWS resources, configuration history, and notification of configuration changes. When fresh logs are received, it can also be configured to disseminate information via AWS SNS.
11. What exactly is a DDoS attack, and which services help reduce them?
A DDoS attack involves accessing a website and setting up several sessions in order to prevent other authorized users from using the service. The following native tools can assist you in blocking DDoS attacks against your AWS services:
12. You are attempting to offer a service in a specific area, but the service is not present there. Why is this occurring, and how can it be resolved?
Not every location has access to every Amazon AWS service. When Amazon first introduces a new service, not all regions receive it right away. They begin modestly and then spread to other areas. Therefore, if a certain service is missing from your region, it probably hasn’t yet been published there. However, you can change to the closest region that offers the services if you want to use the service that is not currently offered.
13. How do you configure an AWS system to track website metrics in real-time?
You may monitor the status of numerous AWS services and custom events with the aid of Amazon CloudWatch. It aids in keeping track of:
- State changes in Amazon EC2
- Auto-scaling lifecycle events
- Scheduled events
- AWS API calls
- Console sign-in events
14. What are the various forms of virtualization available through AWS, and how do they differ from one another?
In AWS, there are three main categories of virtualization:
- Hardware Virtual Machine (HVM)
All of the virtual computers on this completely virtualized hardware function independently of one another. The root block device of your image contains a master boot record that is executed to start these virtual machines.
- Paravirtualization (PV)
The PV AMIs are started by the bootloader Paravirtualization-GRUB. The menu-specified kernel is loaded by the PV-GRUB chain.
- Paravirtualization on HVM
Operating systems can benefit from the storage and network I/O made available by the host thanks to PV on HVM.
15. Name a few AWS services that are not region-specific.
Examples of non-regional AWS services include:
16. What distinctions exist between NAT Instances and NAT Gateways?
Although NAT Instances and NAT Gateways share the same purpose, there are still some significant variations between them.
|Feature||NAT Gateway||NAT Instances|
|Bandwidth||Up to 45 Gbps||Depends on instance bandwidth|
|Maintenance||Managed by AWS||Managed by You|
|Cost||Number of gateways, duration and amount of usage||Number of instances, durations, amount and type of usage|
|Size and Load||Uniform||As per your need|
|Security Groups||Cannot be assigned||Can be assigned|
17. Describe CloudWatch.
The following characteristics of the Amazon CloudWatch:
- It plays a part in setting off alarms based on various criteria.
- Aids in monitoring the various AWS environments, including CPU usage, EC2, Amazon RDS instances, Amazon SQS, S3, Load Balancer, SNS, etc.
18. What is an elastic encoder?
We must modify the video’s resolution and format in order to accommodate a wide range of devices with different resolutions, including laptops, tablets, and smartphones. The Elastic Transcoder, an AWS Service utility that allows for media transcoding in the cloud and precisely enables us to carry out the necessary tasks, makes it simple to accomplish this. It is affordable, practical, and incredibly scalable for companies and developers.
Intermediate Related AWS Interview Questions
19. Can an Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) instance be launched with specific private IP addresses?
Yes. Making use of VPC enables (Virtual Private Cloud).
20. What are availability zones and regions in Amazon EC2?
Geographically distinct areas are called availability zones. As a result, EC2 instances in other zones are unaffected by failure in one zone. There could be one or more availability zones for regions. Costs and delay are also reduced by this design.
21. What is the root device volume for Amazon EC2?
The root device drive houses the image that will be used to boot an EC2 instance. When a fresh EC2 instance is running on an Amazon AMI, this happens. Additionally, EBS or an instance store supports this root device volume. The longevity of an EC2 instance generally has no impact on the root device data on Amazon EBS.
22. Mention the various Amazon EC2 instance kinds and describe their features.
- General-purpose instances are employed to perform a variety of computations and to assist in the distribution of processor, memory, and networking resources.
- For applications that require a lot of computation, computer-optimized instances are suitable. Inference from machine learning, high-performance web servers, batch processing workloads, and several other activities are all things they can handle.
- Memory-optimized: They process and swiftly deliver workloads that manage large datasets in memory.
- Data pattern matching, graphics processing, and floating-point number calculations are all facilitated by the use of accelerated computing. Hardware accelerators are used to do these tasks.
- Tasks requiring sequential read and write access to large data sets on local storage are handled by storage-optimized software.
23. Will the primary and backup RDS launch in the same availability zone?
No, standby instances are started in a different availability zone from the primary, creating two physically distinct infrastructures. This is so because preventing infrastructure failure is the sole goal of backup instances. As a result, in the event that the primary instance fails, the backup instance will aid in data recovery.
Advanced AWS Interview Questions
24. What distinguishes a Reserved Instance from an On-Demand Instance and a Spot Instance?
Spot instances are extra EC2 instances that can be used by users at a discounted price.
You must pay for computing resources without entering into a long-term commitment while using on-demand instances.
On the other hand, reserved instances let you select details like instance type, platform, tenancy, location, and availability zone. When using instances in specific availability zones, reserved instances offer significant discounts and capacity reservations.
25. In the event that the RDS instance replica is not elevated to the status of the master instance and the relational database engine routinely crashes as a result of increased traffic to your RDS instances, what would you do?
For handling huge amounts of traffic as well as creating manual or automatic snapshots to recover data in the event that the RDS instance fails, a larger RDS instance type is necessary.
26. What does “changing” in Amazon EC2 mean to you?
Customers now have the option to switch from the existing “instance count-based limitations” to the new “vCPU Based constraints” in order to make limit administration simpler. As a result, utilization is calculated using the number of vCPUs when launching a variety of instance types dependent on demand.
27. What does Amazon Lightsail define as a snapshot?
Snapshots are the point-in-time backups of EC2 instances, block storage disks, and databases. At any time, they can be created manually or automatically. Even once they are made, your resources can always be recovered using snapshots. The functions carried out by these resources will be identical to those of the initial resources used to create the snapshots.
AWS Scenario Related Questions
28. Your application is running on an EC2 instance. You must lessen the load on your instance if the CPU use reaches 80%. What method do you employ to finish the task?
When an EC2 instance’s CPU use exceeds 80%, it can be done by setting up an autoscaling group to deploy more instances. Additionally, traffic can be distributed among instances by creating an application load balancer and designating specific EC2 instances as target instances.
29. Several Linux A web application for a company is operating on Amazon EC2 instances, and data is being saved on Amazon EBS volumes. The company is trying to find a solution to offer storage that satisfies the requirements for atomicity, consistency, isolation, and durability while also enhancing the application’s resilience in the case of a malfunction (ACID). What actions ought a solutions architect to do to satisfy these requirements?
An application load balancer that spans many availability zones can be created using AWS Auto Scaling groups. Each instance should mount a target and save data to Amazon EFS.
30. Your company prefers to send and receive compliance emails using its domain and email address. What service would you advise using to implement it quickly and affordably?
Amazon Simple Email Service (Amazon SES), a cloud-based email-sending service, can be used to achieve this.
Technical and Non-Technical AWS Interview Questions
31. Explain SES.
Amazon provides the Simple Email Service (SES) service, which enables you to quickly and affordably send mass emails to clients.
32. Describe PaaS.
PaaS facilitates the operation of various cloud platforms, primarily for program creation, testing, and administration.
33. Can you create a certain number of S3 buckets?
By default, 100 buckets can be created.
34. What is the most elastic IPs that anyone can make?
Per location and AWS account, a maximum of five elastic IP addresses may be established.
Amazon EC2 Related AWS Interview Questions
35. Describe Amazon EC2.
Elastic Compute Cloud, also known as EC2, offers scalable computing power. Utilizing Amazon EC2 frees up funds for hardware purchases, allowing for quicker application development and deployment. You can launch as many or as few virtual servers as you need, set up networking and security settings, and control storage using Amazon EC2. It eliminates the need to forecast traffic because it may be scaled up or down to suit changes in requirements. “Instances,” or virtual computing environments, are offered by EC2.
36. What Are a Few of the Amazon EC2 Security Best Practices?
Utilizing Identity and Access Management (IAM) to manage access to AWS resources, limiting access by allowing only trusted hosts or networks to access ports on instances, only granting the permissions you need, and disabling password-based logins for instances started from your AMI are some security best practices for Amazon EC2.
37. If so, how may S3 be used with EC2 instances?
For instances with root devices supported by local instance storage, Amazon S3 is an option. Developers will then have access to the same highly scalable, dependable, quick, and affordable data storage infrastructure that Amazon employs to power its own worldwide network of websites. Developers put Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) into Amazon S3 and then transfer them between Amazon S3 and Amazon EC2 to run systems in the Amazon EC2 environment.
Two of the most well-known web services that make up AWS are Amazon EC2 and Amazon S3.
38. What is the distinction between terminating and stopping an EC2 instance?
There is a distinction between stopping and terminating, despite what you may believe. When you terminate an EC2 instance, it shuts down normally and enters a paused state. The EBS volumes attached to the instance are removed and are not recoverable when you terminate it; instead, it is put into a paused state.
39. What are the various EC2 instance kinds based on their prices?
There are three different EC2 instance types:
- On-Demand Instance
When used for a short period of time, it is inexpensive, but not over time.
- Spot Instance
It can be purchased through bidding and is less expensive than the on-demand instance.
- Reserved Instance
This is the best instance for you if you intend to use it for a year or longer.
40. How can SSH agent forwarding be configured so that you don’t need to copy the key each time you log in?
- Go to your PuTTY Configuration
- Go to the category SSH -> Auth
- Enable SSH agent forwarding to your instance
41. What exactly are the operating systems Solaris and AIX? Are they accessible through AWS?
The SPARC processor architecture used by the operating system Solaris is not yet supported by the public cloud.
Because AIX operates exclusively on Power CPUs and not Intel processors, you cannot launch AIX instances in EC2.
Both operating systems are not currently compatible with AWS because they each have their own drawbacks.
42. How is CloudWatch set up to restore an EC2 instance?
You can configure them as follows:
- Create an Alarm using Amazon CloudWatch
- In the Alarm, go to Define Alarm -> Actions tab
- Choose Recover this instance option
43. What are some popular AMI design types?
There are many different kinds of AMIs, but some of the most popular ones include:
44. What are AWS Key-Pairs stand for?
The Amazon EC2 instances are connected using the Key-Pairs, which are password-protected login credentials for the virtual machines. The Key-Pairs, which enable us to connect to the instances, are composed of a Private Key and a Public Key.
S3 Related AWS Interview Questions
45. Describe Amazon S3.
The most widely used storage platform is Amazon S3, often known as S3. S3 stands for Simple Storage Service. Any quantity of data may be stored and retrieved from anywhere with S3, an object storage system. Despite its versatility, it is practically limitless and inexpensive because it is storage that is accessible when needed. It also provides previously unheard-of levels of availability and durability in addition to these advantages. Data management for cost reduction, access restriction, and compliance is aided by Amazon S3.
46. How do you log in or recover from a lost key on an EC2 instance?
If you lose the key, adhere to the instructions below to recover an EC2 instance:
- Verify that the EC2Config service is running
- Detach the root volume for the instance
- Attach the volume to a temporary instance
- Modify the configuration file
- Restart the original instance
47. What key distinctions exist between AWS S3 and EBS?
AWS S3 and EBS differ in the following ways.
|Paradigm||Object Store||File System|
|Redundancy||Across Data Centers||Within data center|
|Security||Using public or private key||Can only be used with EC2|
48. How do you give a user access to a particular bucket?
To grant access, you must take the four procedures listed below. As follows:
- Sort your cases into categories
- Specify who has access to manage which servers.
- Secure your tags.
- Your policies must be affixed to IAM users.
49. Describe SnowBall.
A simple program named SnowBall is used to move gigabytes of data both inside and outside the AWS environment.
Using SnowBall, data can be sent in the following ways:
- The creation of a job.
- The application SnowBall is linked.
- The information is transferred into the SnowBall program.
- Then, data is transferred to the AWS S3.
50. What storage classes are offered by Amazon S3?
The following are the storage classes that are offered by Amazon S3:
- Amazon S3 Glacier Instant Retrieval storage class
- Amazon S3 Glacier Flexible Retrieval (Formerly S3 Glacier) storage class
- Amazon S3 Glacier Deep Archive (S3 Glacier Deep Archive)
- S3 Outposts storage class
- Amazon S3 Standard-Infrequent Access (S3 Standard-IA)
- Amazon S3 One Zone-Infrequent Access (S3 One Zone-IA)
- Amazon S3 Standard (S3 Standard)
- Amazon S3 Reduced Redundancy Storage
- Amazon S3 Intelligent-Tiering (S3 Intelligent-Tiering)
VPC Related AWS Interview Questions
51. What is the purpose of using Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)?
The ideal way to connect from your local data center to your cloud resources is through a VPC. Each of your instances is given a private IP address that may be accessible from your data center after your datacenter is connected to the VPC where it is located. In this manner, you can use the resources on your public cloud as if they were on your personal network.
52. VPC does not use DNS to resolve the server. What could be the problem, and how can you resolve it?
You must allow DNS hostname resolution to remedy this issue so that it automatically resolves.
53. What security features and products are offered by VPC, and what are their names?
Here is a list of security features and goods:
- Security groups – This controls inbound and outgoing traffic at the instance level for EC2 instances, acting as a firewall.
- Network access control lists – They serve as a subnet-level firewall, regulating inbound and outbound traffic.
- The inbound and outbound traffic from the network interfaces in your VPC is recorded in flow logs.
54. How is Amazon VPC monitored?
VPC can be observed using:
55. How many subnets can a VPC support?
There are 200 Subnets we can have each Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
General AWS Interview Questions
56. When do you prefer standard RDS storage over provisioned IOPS?
When you have workloads that are batch-oriented, you would employ provisioned IOPS. Substantial IO rates are delivered using provisioned IOPS, but the cost is high. Workloads for batch processing, however, do not need manual involvement.
57. How Do Redshift, Dynamodb, and Amazon RDS Differ From One Another?
A relational database management service is called Amazon RDS. It automatically handles patching, upgrading, and data backups. It is a database management service that is restricted to structured data. While dealing with unstructured data, DynamoDB is a NoSQL database service. Redshift is a product from a data warehouse used for data analysis.
58. What Advantages Does AWS’ Disaster Recovery Offer?
Businesses employ cloud computing in part to facilitate quicker IT system recovery after a disaster without incurring additional costs for a second physical location. The AWS cloud provides a wide range of well-liked disaster recovery architectures, from settings that permit rapid failover at scale to environments that handle minor client workload data center outages. AWS offers a suite of cloud-based disaster recovery services that enable quick recovery of your IT infrastructure and data, and it has data centers all around the world.
59. How may a current instance be added to a fresh Auto Scaling group?
Following are the steps to adding an existing instance to a fresh Auto Scaling group:
- Open EC2 console
- Select your instance under Instances
- Choose Actions -> Instance Settings -> Attach to Auto Scaling Group
- Select a new Auto Scaling group
- Attach this group to the Instance
- Edit the Instance if needed
- Once done, you can successfully add the instance to a new Auto Scaling group
60. What things need to be taken into account before moving to Amazon Web Services?
Here are some things to think about before moving to AWS:
- Operational Costs – These include the cost of infrastructure, ability to match demand and supply, transparency, and others.
- Workforce Productivity
- Cost avoidance
- Operational resilience
- Business agility
61. What do RTO and RPO in AWS stand for?
The Recovery Time Objective, or RTO, is the longest period of time your company or organization is willing to wait for a recovery to be finished following an outage. RPO, or Recovery Point Objective, on the other hand, is the maximum amount of data loss that your business is ready to take as measured in time.
62. Which among Snowball, Snowball Edge, and Snowmobile is the best choice if you need to move a lot of data?
To move large amounts of data into and out of a certain AWS region, AWS Snowball essentially acts as a data transit solution. AWS Snowball Edge, on the other hand, adds extra computational capabilities in addition to offering a data transfer option. You can move up to 100 PB of data with the exabyte-scale migration service called snowmobiling.
63. What exactly are T2 instances?
The T2 Instances are designed to give the CPU a moderate baseline performance as well as the potential to burst to a greater performance when needed by the workload.
The T2 instances are cheap and are of the General Purpose instance type. They are typically employed in situations where CPU usage is inconsistent or infrequent for workloads.
64. What benefits does AWS IAM offer?
An administrator can grant granular access to a number of users and groups using AWS IAM. The numerous materials that have been generated may need to be accessible to different user groups and users at different levels. Using IAM, we can establish roles with certain access levels and assign roles to people.
Additionally, it provides Federated Access, which enables us to grant access to resources to users’ applications without having to first construct IAM Roles.
65. Describe Connection Drainage.
AWS’s Connection Draining feature enables us to handle current requests on servers that are being modified or decommissioned.
By activating this Connection Draining, we allow the Load Balancer to wait a certain amount of time before providing an outgoing instance any new requests in order to force it to complete its ongoing demands. If Connection Draining is not enabled, an instance will immediately terminate and all pending requests will be unsuccessful.
66. What does AWS’s “Power User Access” mean?
The owner of an AWS resource is the same as an administrator user. The Administrator User has access to create, modify, delete, and inspect resources in addition to granting other AWS users access.
A Power User is given Administrator Access, but not the authority to manage users and permissions. Although they are not able to grant access to other users, users with Power User Access can change, delete, view, and create resources.
CloudFormation Related AWS Interview Questions
67. What distinguishes AWS CloudFormation from AWS Elastic Beanstalk?
The following are some distinctions between AWS Elastic Beanstalk and AWS CloudFormation:
- You may provide and define all of the infrastructure resources that are present in your cloud environment with the aid of AWS CloudFormation. AWS Elastic Beanstalk, on the other hand, offers a setting that makes it simple to deploy and run applications in the cloud.
- The infrastructure requirements of numerous application types, including legacy applications and current enterprise apps, are supported by AWS CloudFormation. AWS Elastic Beanstalk, on the other hand, works in tandem with developer tools to support you in managing the lifecycle of your applications.
68. What components make up an AWS CloudFormation template?
AWS CloudFormation templates are text files with YAML or JSON formatting that contain the following five components:
- Template parameters
- Output values
- Data tables
- File format version
69. What transpires if a resource in a stack cannot be effectively created?
The CloudFormation automatically rolls back and terminates all resources generated using the CloudFormation template if the resource in the stack cannot be created. When you mistakenly go over your allotted number of elastic IP addresses or don’t have access to an EC2 AMI, this capability comes in useful.
Elastic Block Storage Related AWS Interview Questions
70. How can EBS be used to automate EC2 backup?
The procedures listed below should be used to automate EC2 backup using EBS:
To list the Amazon EBS volumes that are locally associated to the instance, get the list of instances and connect to AWS using the API.
List the snapshots for each volume and indicate the snapshot’s retention time. Make a snapshot of each volume later.
If the snapshot is older than the retention term, make sure to delete it.
71. What distinguishes EBS from an instance store?
EBS is a type of permanent storage that enables data restoration in the future. Data that is saved to the EBS is retained even when the EC2 instance expires. Instance Store, on the other hand, is temporary storage that is physically connected to a host computer. You cannot separate an instance from another and reattach it using an instance store. Data in an Instance Store is lost if any instance is stopped or terminated, in contrast to EBS.
72. If so, how can you backup EFS similarly to how you would backup EBS?
Yes, you can recover from accidental changes or deletion in Amazon EFS using the EFS-to-EFS backup mechanism. Take these actions:
Open the AWS Management Console and log in.
Select “Launch EFS-to-EFS-restore”
To choose a region, use the console’s navigation bar’s region selector.
Check the Select Template page to see if you selected the correct template.
Give your solution stack a name.
Review the template’s parameters and make any necessary changes.
73. How can you automatically erase outdated snapshots?
Here is how to automatically delete previous snapshots:
Take snapshots of the EBS volumes on Amazon S3 in accordance with protocol and industry best practices.
To manage all the snapshots automatically, use AWS Ops Automator.
You are able to do this to make, copy, and remove Amazon EBS snapshots.
Elastic Load Balancing Related AWS Interview Questions
74. What different sorts of load balancers does AWS offer?
Elastic Load Balancing is compatible with three different types of load balancers:
75. What are the various applications for the various AWS Elastic Load Balancing load balancers?
- Application Load Balancer
If you require flexible application management and TLS termination, use an application load balancer.
- Network Load Balancer
Used if your applications require exceptional performance and static IPs.
- Classic Load Balancer
If your application was developed for the EC2 Classic network.
Security Related AWS Interview Questions
76. How Does Identity and Access Management (IAM) Work? What Is It?
A web service called Identity and Access Management (IAM) is used to securely manage users’ access to AWS services. The ability to manage users, security credentials like access keys, and permissions that govern which AWS resources users and applications can access is provided by IAM.
77. How can you monitor your AWS applications using the AWS WAF?
Your web applications are shielded from online threats by AWS WAF, or AWS Web Application Firewall. It aids in traffic flow management for your apps. With WAF, you can also define unique restrictions that prevent typical attack trajectories. It can be applied in three situations: when all requests are accepted, when all requests are denied, and when all requests for a new policy are counted.
78. What are the many IAM categories available in AWS that you can manage?
You are able to do the following with AWS IAM:
- IAM user creation and management
- Organize and control IAM groups
- Control the users’ security credentials
- Create and administer access policies for AWS resources and services.
79. What guidelines may you create for the passwords of your users?
You can set the following rules, among others:
- You can require users to add at least one number or special character to their passwords, or you can specify a minimum length requirement.
- You can specify specific character requirements, such as those for uppercase, lowercase, digits, and non-alphanumeric characters.
- When a user next signs in to AWS, you can request a password reset, impose automatic password expiration, and block the reuse of existing passwords.
- When the user has permitted the password to expire, you can instruct the AWS users to get in touch with an account administrator.
80. What distinguishes an IAM role from an IAM user?
The following two points distinguish the IAM role from the IAM user:
- An IAM user has permanent long-term credentials and is used to directly interact with the AWS services, whereas an IAM role is an IAM entity that defines a set of permissions for making AWS service requests.
- While the IAM user has complete access to all AWS IAM features, trusted entities, such as IAM users, apps, or an AWS service, assume roles in the IAM role.
81. What are AWS IAM’s controlled policies?
There are two different categories of managed policies: ones that you maintain and ones that AWS manages. They are IAM resources that use IAM policy language to convey permissions. In contrast to the IAM users, groups, and roles to which they are associated, you are able to create, amend, and administer them independently.
82. How does AWS IAM benefit your company?
IAM allows for:
- Manage IAM users and their access – AWS IAM offers multiple users protected resource access.
- Control federated user access – Without defining IAM roles, AWS enables you to grant applications and your employees secure access to the resources in your AWS account.
83. Does Amazon offer region-based services for all services?
No, not all of its services allow for usage that is location-specific. Most of the services, however, are region-specific.
84. What is EBS in AWS?
Elastic block storage is a type of storage system used to keep track of persistent data (EBS). EBS can be utilized with block-level storage volumes and EC2 instances for throughput- and transaction-heavy applications of any size.
85. Describe Amazon EC2.
Scalable computing is offered by Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud.
86. What is Amazon EC2’s advantage?
By using Amazon EC2, you can develop and deploy programs more quickly because there is no need to make an upfront hardware investment.
In conclusion, in today’s highly competitive job market, being well-prepared for your AWS interview can make a huge difference. With the questions covered in this article, you’ll have a solid understanding of what to expect and how to showcase your AWS expertise. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, show your enthusiasm, and be confident in your abilities. Good luck on your interview and we wish you the best in your AWS career.
What sort of clothes do clouds have? Thunderwear.